Some information and social media links
I’m not a librarian, but was allowed to join the #blogjune bloggers event list as a friend of librarians. It’s probably time to post some stuff that’s somewhat relevant to that lovely group of people and their culture. Been awhile since last posting linkspam, so… enjoy!
Information, knowledge and learning
- Information is Power: Why We Should Care About Research - from Greatist.com
- The Noble Pursuit of Ignorance – from New Scientist CultureLab
- Four Stages of Competence - on Wiki
- Save lives with good presentation of data - from my UX blogletter
Social media stuff
- How to create active online communities - by Australian Psychological Society
- twitterfeed – reads the RSS feed from your blog and posts to your twitter
- Hello Little Printer – video on Vimeo
- 17 Health Benefits of Owning a Cat - not sure if science or entertainment
- 12 Bookstore Cats – old post from mentalfloss.com
- Doctor Who… as cats – old but still awesome
My house smells great at the moment, by the way. I love slow cookers. Night night, everyone!