Nice things from the long weekend
1. Played with Ghost CMS. Using Markdown to write blog posts is quite neat.
2. Went for lunch with my folks. I’m seriously in love with this little lunch place. I don’t even know the name or how to get there but the noodles are so yummy. Doesn’t fit my diet, but once in a while is okay.
3. Hung out with friends and beer and pool and balcony.
4. Got stuck in a lift, which was pretty exciting.
5. Amazing dinner at Blackbird in East Perth. I was in pain when we got home, from being so full.
6. Hottest 100 bbq with swimming and cricket on telly, mojitos and espresso martinis.
7. Played aram really badly. League of Legends is in dire need of a breathalyzer plugin.
8. Spent all morning hungoverly planning my afternoon of gardening. Went to Bunnings, ate a Grill’d.
9. Garden things! Learned an interesting thing about ants in the garden – apparently they like making homes in dry soil, so adding moisture retainers keeps the soil damp, and they get annoyed and leave. I dug in some bentonite clay; shall now wait and see.
10. Potted up some tiny succulents for indoors. I am enamoured with their smallness.
I have some aspirations for this week. I’d like to get a bit of homework done, talk to people about work placement for my course, clean up some stuff on this blog, and maybe eat something nice for Chinese New Year. ^__^