Garden, eating and happiness – the links as promised
Hello, here are the links I’ve been promising (here and here), arranged by topic:
Growing mint indoors
- Article from Guide to Houseplants
- How to Grow Mint Indoors – from eHow
- Patrick de Penguin’s guide – this is the one I followed
- Rooting mint cuttings via water – pictures!
- How to grow mint from cuttings – more pictures!
- Mister Mint – Swee’s mint experiment at an east-facing window
Apparently mint is actually a weed. A delicious weed, but still a weed, which can survive in all sorts of conditions – even in the meh light of an office. This bodes well for my mint in a cup.
Miscellaneous cool plant and garden stuff
- Pretty flowerpot setup on a windowsill
- How to grow avocados - sprouts in 2-6 weeks
- Pictures of someone’s avocado plants
- Reusing lightbulbs as planters or mini terrariums
- 20 geek gadgets for growing plants indoors – omg some of these are so cool
- 5 overlooked plants that can survive the dark
Atkins and low carb stuff
- Atkins diet article on Wiki – no marketing guff
- Carb counter & acceptable food list – available in PDF
- Linda’s Low Carb Menus & Recipes – check out the cheese crisps!
- Values assessment worksheet (pdf) – from thehappinesstrap.com
- The disease called perfection – blog post